About me and my blog

I completed my BA degree in history and Welsh history this summer and will be progressing on to my MA degree in September. History has always been a subject of interest to me and it has always amazed me how history is part of our everyday lives often without us realising it. 

The purpose of this blog will be to discuss different aspects of history (predominantly Welsh) that are of interest to me and that I think will be of interest to others. I will also provide tips and advice for prospective history students and give recommendations and reviews about books and articles that I have found interesting and useful during my studies. I will also discuss TV shows, films and historical fiction as these genres have risen in popularity over recent years. 

I often spend my spare time travelling to different historical places and museums as they allow me to feel as if I've stepped back in time and help me to have a greater understanding of the lives of those who lived during different periods and how those experiences varied as a result of different people and circumstances. I will share some of my favourite places to visit as they start to re-open and I can travel further when lockdown restrictions are eased more. 

I hope you'll find what I have to say interesting and you will enjoy reading about my ventures through time as much as I will writing about them! Don't forget to check out and follow my Twitter and Instagram accounts as well!

Comments